Chances are you’ve heard of Neon Signs, but you may not have heard of Faux Neon. What’s the difference between traditional Neon Signs and Faux Neon signs, and what are the benefits of the latter?
FAUX NEON VS TRADITIONAL NEON SIGNS
Faux Neon uses low-voltage LEDs to create the appearance of neon lighting, and it comes with numerous benefits. Unlike traditional neon, Faux Neon can be produced in almost any shape and can include color-changing patterns, presenting zero design constraints. Manufactured from block acrylic, Faux Neon provides a much sturdier alternative to traditional fragile glass neon and is virtually maintenance-free. Because the thermally managed LEDs generate negligible heat and run cool to the touch, it’s also safer and ideal for lower-level installations.
In line with The Firebolt Group’s sustainability efforts and goal to become carbon neutral by the year 2030, Faux Neon LED has a lower cost of ownership over the life of a sign and has less of an impact on the environment when it is time to dispose of a sign. These signs have a rated service life of 50,000—100,000 hours, which equates to 11 years.
Additional benefits of Faux Neon LED signage
- Faux Neon signage is more cost-effective than traditional neon signage, both upfront and in the long term.
- Faux Neon signs do not have the breakage potential of the glass tubing used in traditional neon Signs and do not pose the same shock hazards.
- Shipping costs considerably less since less packaging is required. In addition to Faux Neon signs being half the weight of comparable traditional neon signs, a Faux Neon sign box is just 4 inches deep vs a 10-inch box needed to ship neon signs. In addition, traditional neon sign boxes also require a lot of packing materials such as shock mounts, foam, and other non-recyclable materials to prevent breakage, which can triple the cost of packaging.
- Faux Neon signs have zero breakage when compared to a 3—5% breakage rate of neon signs when shipping.
- Faux Neon signs do not use heavy metals or known carcinogenic agents, which is in line with Firebolt’s core values focused on environmental sustainability. All components can be fully recycled and have second-use capabilities.
- Faux Neon signs are LED-based, which consumes up to 70%—80% less energy when compared to traditional neon signs of the same size.
WHAT IT MEANS FOR YOU
We partner with brands, their marketing departments, and agencies to dream up and create never-seen-before signs. Our Faux Neon LED signage is made to custom specifications and can accommodate a range of client requirements—from complex graphic shapes to a broad range of colors—compared with the limitations of traditional glass neon. Our award-winning custom design and engineering services, coupled with the benefits of Faux Neon signage, ensure brand specifications are a perfect match.